Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2007 15:24:54 -0800
From:      "Zachary Kline" <Z_kline@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help with a new port?

Hi,
    My name is Zachary Kline, and I've recently begun experimenting with
BSD-style operating systems under Qemu.  I happen to be blind, and thus
Qemu's serial console--more specifically, the ability to redirect this
console output over a TCP port--is the only way I could get FreeBSD
installed, since it doesn't come with much in the way of accessibility
tools.  I can't fault anybody for this last, however.
    Anyway, to get to the point: I'm not quite sure where to ask this.  I
have a new port which I feel should be included in the FreeBSD accessibility
category, if only because I noticed its absence in searching for it.  I've
had trouble getting it to port myself, though, and have little real
programming experience of the kind it would require.
    This port is Emacspeak, from http://emacspeak.sf.net.  It's a screen
reader--though that term isn't really encouraged by the developer--for the
Emacs work environment.
    I'm wondering if anybody on here might be able to help with this
porting, or be willing to discuss accessibility of FreeBSD in general.
Thanks much for your time,
Zack.