Date:      Sun, 14 Dec 1997 14:29:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        pb@fasterix.freenix.org (Pierre Beyssac)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), totii@est.is (?or?ur Ivarsson), freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: panics when stopping pppd

<<On Sun, 14 Dec 1997 02:41:34 +0100, pb@fasterix.freenix.org (Pierre Beyssac) said:

> If I spray a few printf in the rtrequest code for RTM_DELETE to
> figure out what happens, it doesn't crash anymore. There might be
> a race condition somewhere.

It's definitely possible that there are some splnet()s or something
missing.

Another thing that might be worth taking a look at... rn_walktree() is
supposed to be written such that it is resilient to deletes happening
in its callback.  But, I'm not sure if it can deal with the case of
multiple records being deleted at once, particularly if one of those
records turns out to be the place it was going next.

-GAWollman