Date:      Sat, 14 Dec 2002 01:43:30 -0500
From:      Kirk Bailey <idiot1@netzero.net>
To:        tutor@python.org, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   automating list deletion

OK, I got it to work with the cgi script and the aliases file.

1. Seperated out the aliases for lists into another file, 'aliases.tinylist'.

2. edited sendmail.cf so it referrs to an additional file,
/etc/mail/aliases.tinylist, and it works fine. newaliases works with the new
file just fine.

3. ok, panick time, take your asprin and calming meditation exercises serious.
I assigned ownership of ~/mail dir( that is, '/etc/mail') to 'nobody', the
apache identity. Group membership remained the same ('wheel'). I insured all
the aliases files are readable by group and world, but only writable by owner.
A test run shows the script can now write to the dir and read and write to the
files there.

I am still getting an error, but it is a different error. Files are being
deleted fine, but somehow I still have soem sort of a permissions error going
on here. Anyone relly cunning on such matters drop me a line off list and we
can swap confusion modes.

--

end

Respectfully,