Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:56:58 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Oben O. Candemir" <dunya@one.net.au>
To:        Travis Cole <tcole@wcug.wwu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD IRC channels and ??quality??

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999, Travis Cole wrote:

> Just for your information.  We are trying to start a #freebsd on
> openprojects.net, AKA irc.linpeople.org.
>
> Its really small now, but I'm working to change that.

I look forward to it... I'm more convinced after an exchange with an EFNET
#freebsd chanop (Jordan K. H.) that they are abusing the #freebsd name.
If all they want is a 'cesspool' pseudo porn channel mixed in with a bit
of Unix then they can rename their channel to reflect its contents.

You might consider listing in the FreeBSD FAQ as the rightful place for
"technical discussion" and "advanced solutions" as opposed to
EFNET's "concrete dildos" (see previous messages).

Best Wishes.. and I hope the channel takes off
O Candemir