Date:      07 Jul 2002 20:11:39 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo,  " "S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help required for dynamic DNS home network, please

--=-7NDbDii0LtrxqKuxN42s

Hi Kevin,
  To clarify matters, here's a map of the set-up here:

Internet--->ADSL/Router----->FBSD Firewall / G'WAY---> SWITCH------> LAN
           |         =20
   current Domain IP (not what I intended)

Internet--->ADSL/Router----->FBSD Firewall / G'WAY---> SWITCH------> LAN

                     Domain IP (desired)

With this topo, the intention is the use the FBSD box as a
firewall/Gateway for the intenal network.

I'm trying to ensure that my private network here is secure, before
anything else., so I'm a bit disappointed with the unexpected (although
apparently functionally correct) "feature of the router:-(

Stacey

On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 19:49, Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:
> ----- Original Message -----=20

--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer