Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:31:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      danh@wzrd.com (Dan Harnett)
To:        iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org (Mitsuru IWASAKI)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APM woes

Hello,

> And one more thing,
>
> > > The problem seems to be when the laptop is in trying to resume from suspend.
> > > This laptop has the ability to suspend either to disk or to RAM, and in either
> > > case I get the same results (as I understand it, this probably isn't a factor
> > > anyways).  What happens is the laptop gets the resume event (at least according
> > > to the debug info), and then freezes with what appears to be a lot of disk
> > > activity.  It doesn't seem to matter whether or not I have pccards plugged in or
>
> This report may be useful too.
>
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=116906+0+archive/1999/freebsd-mobile/19991107.freebsd-mobile+raw

It does have a PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Version 6 in it.  That seemed to take care of the
disk activity after resume, but it still hangs.  I cannot even drop to the
debugger.  I get the same results with X11 running.  The screen comes back up
just fine and all, but the machine is completely frozen.  I'll set some break
points in the debugger later and see if I can come up with something that might
be useful.

Dan Harnett

(btw, I did try decreasing MAXMEM, that doesn't seem to be the problem either.
It is set for 128M.  I also tried reducing it in addition to the above patches.)