Date:      Sat, 9 Oct 1999 07:20:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SOMEONE AUTHORITATIVE PLEASE ANSWER THIS FreeBSD Question

hi there,
I have been using FreeBSD since 2.2.6
and now I am running FreeBSD-Current as of few
months, and I am having no problems really, but I
have a constant observation, see I'am getting
really slow internet connection, although using
the same hardware, and net account and everything
else, except for the operating system, on windows
98, the connection is much faster.

Since I already have great trust and admiration
for the FreeBSD project, I can assume there must
be something wrong with my system configuration.

I am running kppp for dialup (from the KDE
project), and using pppd (Kernel), I get real
slow downloads.

So, anyone can give me some authoritative answer
for this problem, where to look, what to change
and test, or how to get the connection and
downloads to be faster, please give me a hint.

Thanks in advance.

=====
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.