Date:      Sat, 02 Oct 1999 08:06:09 -0400
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        "Questions @ FreeBSD" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   netstat ?

I've been working on setting up my system for a little more security.
I've been looking at this link for information.
http://www.bellnetworks.net/cs/showrec.php3?story_id=3

doing a netstat -a  I see the following

are these anything to be concerned about  in regards to security issues
?:
that is I don't see refrence to anything regarding icmp or *.6011
*.6010.
I'm not sure what these are and I'd like to be able to understand it a
little more.

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address
(state)
udp        0              0              *.bootpc                   *.*

icmp          0         0          *.*                            *.*
tcp            0         0          *.6011
*.*                              LISTEN
tcp            0         0          *.6011
*.*                              LISTEN

Thank You !!