Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:37:28 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steven Myers <stevenm@insane.bofhnet.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Query regarding securelevel

A friend of mine inquired as to information regarding securelevel's
implementation and weaknesses at a earlier date.  He wrote a paper on it
available at www.lockeddown.net/secure.html

I am currently editing his paper, basically to re-word, and add more
technical detail.

He was unable to tell me who he previously spoke to, so hopefully whoever
gets this knows something about it.

I would just like to know what the securelevels intended goals were and
currently are.  The general consensus on the usefulness of securelevel(or
at least the lower levels of it), percieved problems, and any other
technical or theoretical information you would/could provide.

Thanks for your time -- Steve Myers