Date:      Thu, 04 Apr 2002 08:43:03 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default 'TERM' value

At 03/04/2002, you wrote:

>At 2002-04-03T19:40:09Z, "Victor R. Cardona" <vcardon@siue.edu> writes:
>
> > Place the following in you ~/.Xdefaults file:
> >
> > xterm*termName:               xterm-color
>
>Upon further searching, I found that I mis-stated the problem.  I should
>have said "How can I configure *Gnome Terminal* to always set TERM to
>xterm-color, to which the answer seems to be "You can't" without use a
>command-line argument.  :/

I have the same problem with konsole on kde 2.2.2 . If I don't set manually
TERM = xterm-color it doesn't show any color inside (ls, midc etc etc).

I have think to swap the two entry in the termcap like xterm --> xterm-bw e
xterm-color --> xterm if I don't find a "cleaner" solution to the problem :-)

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.gufi.org/~gmarco