Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:02:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Mohacsi Janos <mohacsi@ik.bme.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is openssl properly integrated to the FreeBSD?

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Mohacsi Janos wrote:

> Hi,
> 	There is an application called CA.pl with documentation in
> /usr/src/crypto/apps/ directory and also it has a documentation (in
> /usr/src/crypto/doc/apps) but none of them installed. It could be
> installed in the /usr/bin or /usr/share/examples/ssl. Also there are lots
> of documentation in /usr/src/crypto/doc/apps/ in *.pod format but only the
> openssl.pod is installed? Any intention to integrate them to the FreeBSD
> man pages or handbook? Or should I go on to make a diff to incorporate.

Uncomment the following in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto:

#.for section in 1 3
#.for pod in ${POD${section}}
#.for target in ${pod:T:S/.pod/.${section}/g}
#MAN${section}+= ${target}
#CLEANFILES+= ${target}
#all-man: ${target}
#${target}: ${LCRYPTO_SRC}/../doc/${pod}
#       pod2man ${LCRYPTO_SRC}/../doc/${pod} > ${target}
#.endfor
#.endfor
#.endfor

and all the .pod documentation will be converted to manpages and
installed. It is not done by default because the OpenSSL manpages spam
copies of system manpages with openssl-specific utilities like passwd(1)

Kris