Date:      Thu, 15 May 2003 11:36:16 -0700
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        <massey@rmci.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: E-mail Server

> Currently I have Sendmail just sending alerts via the log=20
> files but not sending in/out e-mail.
>=20
> Can I setup Qmail or Postfix and use them for my Domain name=20
> and still have Sendmail do the other job??

Not that I know of, though that doesn't mean too much.

>=20
> If not how do I change the defaults to use say Qmail rather=20
> than Sendmail.

Qmail has a sendmail command line interface to it works nicely
with systems expecting sendmail.

http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.txt

mv /usr/lib/sendmail /usr/lib/sendmail.old                 =20
mv /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail.old               =20
chmod 0 /usr/lib/sendmail.old /usr/sbin/sendmail.old
ln -s /var/qmail/bin/sendmail /usr/lib
ln -s /var/qmail/bin/sendmail /usr/sbin