Date:      Tue, 13 Oct 1998 09:45:46 -0500
From:      "C. Stephen Gunn" <csg@waterspout.com>
To:        "Jos M Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0R on Iwill DBL100 or Asus P2B-DS ?

In message <361E1518.9BC322C@we.lc.ehu.es>, "Jos M Alcaide" writes:

Jose,

>Then, our main options are the Iwill DBL100 and the Asus P2B-DS
>(we want the SCSI bus).

   I work days for the Physics Department at Purdue University.  We have
a couple of ASUS machines in production.  In particular, we have a
Dual Pentium II 450, on an ASUS P2B-DS.  It just works.  Its current
configuration is:

    ASUS P2B-DS, Dual Pentium II 450, 512M PC-100 Memory
	A single 4.5Gb Ultra2W SCSI Drive
	2 x 3Com 3c905b cards using the xl driver

  It's an a rackmount case from APPRO, which we have been _VERY_
pleased with. Especially for the cost.. under $400 with the rails.
Amazing.

   It's currently running one of the ELF beta installs, and gets
upgraded nearly daily. (It's not in production yet, we were
waiting on 3.0 to go final)

   We've also been running ASUS P5A's with K6-2 300's under FreeBSD
and they just ROCK AND ROLL.

 - Steve

--
WaterSpout Communications, Inc.              Email: csg@waterspout.com
1291 Cumberland Ave, Suite C                 Phone: (765) 775-4512