Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:05:25 +0800 (WST)
From:      Michael Kennett <mike@laurasia.com.au>
To:        outlawtx@bga.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how do i know that natd is running?

[message thread sent to the mailing list]

> Hi Mike,
>
> 	Not sure that that works.  Nothing comes back from that command.

OK.  When the system starts up, do you get any error messages?
E.g. "natd: aliasing address not given" ??

If the `ps -ax | grep natd` returns nothing, then natd is not running.
The problem is now to find out why.

Do you have the gateway_enable="YES" flag set in /etc/rc.conf?  Please
send the output of the command

  sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding

command (See step 3 of 'RUNNING NATD', in the natd (8) manpage).

Regards,

Mike Kennett