Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 07:23:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@nuxi.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Subject:   RE: ECGS ...

Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 10:22:38 -0500
From: Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@mail.eecis.udel.edu>

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> says:
: On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, David O'Brien wrote:
:
: From what I'm gathering, it looks like EGCS went super-strict on the
: conformance side, and MICO might be doing something that the 1.1.x series
: of EGCS wasn't too strict about, which is causing the breakage...

MICO, early versions of Qt, older Gnome stuff, etc. all had problems
with egcs.  You can say that they want super-strict on conformance,
others would say that bad code was being written.

       --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8