Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:49:41 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "JSMolinaro" <JSMolinaro@hotmail.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: login

During the install you would have been asked to give a "root" password.
Login as "root" & give that password.  You can then create additional
user accounts by running "adduser"

If you have forgotten the password the "easiest" solution is a reinstall
(taking
care not to lose the root password again). There is a "back door" solution
but sounds like it might be too complicated to explain.