Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:19:21 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bsd.ports.debug.mk

Have currently a problem with pgcc-port.
When patching manually everything is ok but not using ports collections
auto patch mechanism ...

I'd wish to have a bsd.ports.debug.mk, that's simply the same
as bsd.ports.mk, but without hiding the commands, that are performed.

So stripping all the '@' signs in front of the commands should do
the trick. Would that be useful in general for all the other
porters as well ?!

One would have to change only the .include line in the Makefile
to see what's actually happening instead of reading bsd.port.mk
in parallel ?!

Could/should we include such a version in -current and perhaps
in -stable or is this too late or a idea, that's generally not
wanted ?

The only drawback I see is, that every change in bsd.port.mk
would have to be included into bsd.port.debug.mk. Maybe one
could create the debug version with a sed script, so that
this work could be automated ?!

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                    powered by ,,symmetric multiprocessor FreeBSD''
andreas@klemm.gtn.com            - http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html