Date:      Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:17:50 +0100
From:      "Tibor Selesi" <pcmaster@EUnet.yu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Opti 931

Hello to all,

I managed to compile my kernel and included the "device pcm" line for my
sound card to work.  BSD has found my sound card on pcm0. When I launched
xmms, it couldn't play any sound. So I realised that something is wrong. I
tried to load the snd_sb16.ko driver, but the system reported an error,
something like the driver already loaded. Does anyone know what driver can
communicate with opti 931? Or what driver is needed for my card to work?

By the way, I managed to force my CDROM to work by putting it on Secondary
Master. It was on Primary Slave.