Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 01:03:25 -0500
From:      Tom Jackson <toj@gorilla.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jim@jaquNET.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-2.2-STABLE and Conner TR4 HyperQIC

On Thu, May 29, 1997 at 06:00:08PM -0400, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Awhile ago I had posted that I would test out a new Conner HyperQIC/
> Travan4 tape SCSI tape drive under FreeBSD-2.2-STABLE. I installed
> it on Monday and have spent the last few days putting it through
> it's paces. It was tested on a Adaptec 2940 and 1522B.
>
> The Good News: It works solidly and reliably with no changes
>  required to the kernel.
> The Bad News: It ain't that fast.

I just got one of these tr4 (travan) tape drives today. Could you tell us
all what density mode you are using. A virgin tape gives a `mt status' of
0x45 (undefined ?). Using this mode I seem to have problems mt'ing around
on the tape. I'm worried about setting it to another mode with not much
hope of returning to the original 8-O

btw, I was glad to hear of your success!
--
Tom Jackson                                           I'm ProChoice->FreeBSD
toj@gorilla.net                                       http://www.freebsd.org