Date:      Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:36:04 +0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        deco33000 Jog <deco33000@yandex.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virtual images and qemu

On 9/22/15 4:49 AM, deco33000 Jog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the freebsd 10.2 virtual image for amd64. It runs on Linux mint.
> I use qemu v.1.7.0 (because of linux mint, but plan to manually install the 2.4.0 version, and ditch Mint altogether).
>
> I use the following command:
> qemu-system-x86_64 myfreebsdimage.qcow2
>
> When doing the pkg command, at some point it says it cannot fetch because of read only file system.
>
> Ok, but how did you fix this? (I am not very used to virtualization).

virtualization should not give you a read-only filesystem.
there are a few possibilities..
off the top of my head...
1/ you are in single user mode,  in which case you need to let it
finish booting. or you can do 'mount -u /'
to make it read-write
2/ something failed in mounting /tmp and it's read-only?

you need to tell us more about what has happened up to this point.