Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:49:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Adam D. Marks" <amarks@ecst.csuchico.edu>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   make question

I am running 3.3-stable with a smp kernel. Just to make sure I am
implementing it correctly I have a duel p2-266 with an intel dakota
motherboard...my kernel looks like this....
options 	SMP
options		APIC_IO
options		NCPU=2
options		NBUS=3
options		NAPIC=1
options		NINTR=24

Now I was told when running make to use the -j option. But I have tried
numbers from 1 to 20 it seems the larger the number the faster it gets. Is
there a convention I should be following to utilize the smp in compiles?

Thank you, Adam Marks