Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 11:33:31 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: K6 Write Combining & FreeBSD

> Brian F. Feldman:
>  |Randall Hopper:
>  |> Does FreeBSD support Write Combining on K6 processors?
>  |Do you mean the MTRR support for K6-2 and above? Yes, that's in 3.3 and 4.0.
>
> Great!  Thanks.
>
>      Do you know what the status is on the XFree86-FreeBSD MTRR interface
> that was being hammered out (to coordinate write-combine setup on the frame
> buffer)?  All I find in Dejanews is:

The MTRR interface in FreeBSD was developed under consultation with the
XFree86 and Xi Graphics folks.  I haven't heard any complaints from
them lately.

>      Also, I wonder if you've seen/heard of an MTRR patch for 3.2-RELEASE :-)

You could try to backport the two sets of commits I just made to the
-stable branch, but you might be better off moving to -stable or to
3.3-RELEASE.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org