Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 1998 21:56:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        John  Krebbs <JEKrebbs@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD - Compatability

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, John  Krebbs wrote:

>     Greetings.  I'll be attending College this fall, as a Computer Science
> Major.  We are required to obtain a copy of FreeBSD for use during the
> spring semester.  Now, I'm a devoted Macintosh user, and would like to
> purchase one for my college years.  The problem is, FreeBSD apparently
> doesn't run on it.  Now, I've been thinking of buying VirtualPC, a program
> from Connectix, in order to run Windows on my Mac.  If I did so, would it be
> possible to run FreeBSD from the Mac also?

VirtualPC should run FreeBSD flawlessly (or at least newer versions
should, the original version doesn't), albeit very very slowly.  I'd agree
with all the people who suggest an old 486, it'll be much less hassle in
the end run.

- alex

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you look forward to the trip.