Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2012 17:20:28 +0400
From:      Sergey Kandaurov <pluknet@gmail.com>
To:        Tom Lislegaard <freebsd@lislegaard.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with isp driver in 8.3-Stable

On 28 April 2012 13:37, Tom Lislegaard <freebsd@lislegaard.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to utilize a Qlogic 2432 FC card on 8.3-Stable (amd64)
> using the isp(4) driver.
> When I try to load the driver I get this
>
> =A0kldload: can't load isp: Exec format error
>
> and dmesg says
>
> =A0link_elf_obj: symbol firmware_get undefined
> =A0linker_load_file: Unsupported file type
>
> It seems that 'firmware_get' is defined in firmware.ko (is there a
> missing dependancy on this in isp?)
> Anyway, even if I load firmware.ko first I still get the same error.
>
> 'file /boot/kernel/isp.ko' returns
>
> =A0/boot/kernel/isp.ko: ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, x86-64, version 1
> (FreeBSD), not stripped
>
> There's nothing special in /etc/make.conf
>
> I'm using 8.3 as of yesterday, but saw the same behaviour on my

I have working Qlogic 2432 FC with 8.2-STABLE (from November) GENERIC amd64=
.
I.e. it is the same configurations like yours.

Do you have something special/non-standard in your setup like kernel
config or so?
Putting ispfw_load=3D"YES" into /boot/loader.conf should be enough to
make isp work
(both device firmware and device isp are already there in GENERIC).

--=20
wbr,
pluknet