Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:59:58 -0800
From:      greg simonoff <gsimonoff@geocities.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ref: Installing on a 486dx4

--------------6C0813C979367108E54E21CC

Hi,
I'm trying to load FreeBSD3.2

    Here's what happens.  I make the Kernel and
the boot floppy.  I cold start to the Kernel
floppy and after some probing it
I am eventually told to insert the boot floppy. The
system then does a warm boot, and
as soon as the boot floppy starts it promptly
imforms me that there is no kernal loaded.  So
somehow between the time the first floppy is
run and the second floppy is loaded the kernel
has disappeared?  But, of course if the kernel was
loaded in memory by the kernel disk and the machine
reboots then how can the second disk find the kernel?
What is supposed to be happening?

    GREG
--------------6C0813C979367108E54E21CC

begin:vcard
n:Simonoff;Gregory
tel;work:(510) 286-4659
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Calif State Dept of Transportation;Software Development
version:2.1
email;internet:gsimonoff@geocities.com
title:EE PE
adr;quoted-printable:;;111 Grand Avenue =0D=0A;Oakland ;CA;94623;
note;quoted-printable:Java, HTML, C++, C=0D=0AUNIX, OS9=0D=0A
fn:Gregory Simonoff
end:vcard