Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 17:50:22 +0000
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FAQ confusion

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 02:30:39PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Quoting from the version of the FAQ currently available on the web:
>
> > 1.6. What is the latest version of FreeBSD?
> >
> > Version 5.0 is the latest RELEASE version; it was released in January
> > 2003. This is also the latest STABLE version.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > 1.8. What is the FreeBSD-STABLE concept?
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > 4-STABLE is the actively developed -STABLE branch. The latest release
> > on the 4-STABLE is 5.0- RELEASE, which was released in January 2003.
> >
> > The 5-CURRENT branch is slowly progressing toward 5.0-RELEASE and
> > beyond. See What is FreeBSD-CURRENT? for more information on this
> > branch.
>
> Is this intentional?

No; freebsd.ent has been updated, but it looks like it needs additional
entities.

Off the top of my head, I think we'll want something like os.4x.rel,
os.4x.rel.date, etc. and corresponding os.5x entities.  In fact it's a shame
that os.current is even called that, since we've been using it for -STABLE
releases all this time...

I'm looking at this now, but might very well not be able to
actually fix it until late tomorrow or even Saturday (I have house guests),
so if anyone else wants to beat me to it, feel free.

Thanks for letting us know, des.

Ceri
--
A lot of people I know believe in positive thinking, and so do I.  I
believe everything positively stinks.