Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 22:17:07 -0800
From:      Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>, Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>, "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at LinuxWorld.

On Sat, 05 Feb 2000 at 05:02:41 +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
> I must say that is a fantastic looking setup you have there.

Thanks.

> Is that Gnome on Windowmaker?

It's the GNOME panel on Enlightenment with the spiffE Enlightenment and
gtk theme.

> And what are the buttons along the top of the screen?

That's gbuffy telling me how much mail I have in each of my mailboxes
(which are filtered to by procmail).  It's in the ports collection..
/usr/ports/mail/gbuffy.

> What else can you tell us about your desktop?

What else do you want to know?  The mutt window is an aterm, the IRC and
other terminal window are eterms..  I think that just about covers
everything on the screen..

> When i can afford a desktop machine, i want to be sure to get one with
> enough video capacity to look that good.  I guess i need a minimum
> 1024x768?

That's my laptop.. runs 1024x768 @ 16bpp pretty decently.  I haven't
redone the background to fit my desktop machine resolution yet
(1600x1200) :-)

- jim

--
- jim mock - walnut creek cdrom/freebsd test labs - jim@luna.cdrom.com -