Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:51:16 -0400
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   FW: Re: Compaq Evo N410c sound?

On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 07:02:41PM +0200, Robert Blacqui?re wrote:
> As i know there is a maestro3 chipset used.
>
> using
>
> kldload snd_maestro3.ko
>
> should work and adding
>
> load_snd_maestro3=yes to /boot/loader.conf
>
> should enable sound during boot
>

> On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 12:20:59PM -0400, stan wrote:
> > What do I need to do to make sound work on my Compaq Evo N410C under
> > STABLE?

I just got back to this, and I was able to load this module, which also
apparently loaded the snd_pcm module as a dependency.

That's the good news, the bad news is that sound still does not work. Gnome
says it can't find the sound device. mp3baster agrees, that it can't open
the sound device, and penguin-command is a bit more specific, saying that
/dev/dsp is not configured. I've checked and the device file is made for
this.

What else might I be missing?

BTW, I tried all of these as root to remove permissions issues from the
picture (I hope).

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin

----- End forwarded message -----