Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 1997 23:33:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ben Pepa <bpepa@freight.msn.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Console Login

Hi Everyone;

I have 2 dumb terminals hooked up to my FreeBSD 2.2.5.  Is their a way so
when the terminals are turned on, they are already logged in and in a
shell without having to login?

This may sound goofy, but I've been leaving my terminal on all night
(logged in as myself) and have a script that will write a message to
myself (write bpepa d1 < wakeup) executed by cron in the morning, that
makes my terminal beep (loudly) as an alarm clock 'till I kill the script.
It would be more energy efficent if I put my terminal on a timer to turn
on in the morning, but it doesn't work unless I'm logged in.

Thanks,
Ben