Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2013 01:52:23 -0400
From:      Charles Sprickman <spork@bway.net>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6724@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Change in loader or kernel: won't boot with kfreebsd in grub2

On Aug 14, 2013, at 11:40 PM, Thomas Mueller wrote:

>> On 14.08.2013 07:22, Thomas Mueller wrote:
>>> How do I make a photo when I don't have a digital camera?
>=20
>>> If I had a digital camera, how would I convert the picture to text?
>=20
>> You can attach images to email, or just share somewhere,
>> e.g. http://imm.io
>=20
>>> I looked at "man gpart" and didn't see "list" in the list of
>>> commands: a little deficiency in the man page.
>=20
>> This is generic geom's command, it is described in geom(8).
>=20
> --
>> WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov
>=20
> But as I said, I don't have a digital camera.
>=20
> In any case, sending a graphic image of what ought to be a small text =
file is very clumsy and inefficient.
>=20
> There ought to be a way to capture loader-command output to a file.  =
Question is how to do that at the loader level.

Might I humbly suggest a serial console?  You can then capture the data =
as text.

If this is a server, it's rare these days to not have an IP-KVM solution =
built-in, and even more rare to not have full console to serial =
redirection from the first BIOS screen all the way to the OS grabbing =
the port.

Or you can borrow someone's cell phone, I can't recall the last time I =
saw one without a camera.

Charles