Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 05:59:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        Gary Porter <gporter@anycomp.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: ascend-radius-970424

On Tue, 9 Dec 1997, Gary Porter wrote:

>   I installed the port and got it up and running with no problem.
> I'm curious if their is a way to add user's without having to edit
> the user's file.  I run a NT server and their is a nice GUI for
> doing what I want but cost $3000 :(

That, for reference, is a totally different RADIUS daemon based upon the
Merit AAA server. Worth the cost, IMHO (I use it for a 70,000+ userbase).

I expect what you're trying to do is use something other than a text file
for the output.  The stock Ascend RADIUS code doesn't do this, but it is
based upon Livingston v1.16 code, which has been patched by many people to
pull it's info from the various SQL database engines out there.

The cheapest solution for you, I expect, would be to whip something
together in the NT-gooey language of your choice, and do a customized text
export (perhaps augmented with Perl or Sed) to turn it into the format
that the daemon wants.

--
j.

| James FitzGibbon                                         james@nexis.net |
| The Nexis Group                                 Voice/Fax : 416 410-0100 |