Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 15:11:55 +0200
From:      jg@euronet.nl (Jan_Guldemond)
To:        Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Postgres (or any other RDMBS)

>In message <199503300750.JAA26793@mail.euronet.nl>, Jan_Guldemond writes:
>>Could you send me your report, or would you post it in one of the mailinglists
>
>Should have seen it on thud-users by now. If not, I'll send you a more detailed
>report if you want.

Well actually I have no experience with postgres but have heard of it. I
have experience with Oracle on SunOS (Sun Microsystems hardware). But I'm
now at another employer. Here we have lots of DOS/Windows machines and I'm
setting up the first two UNIX machines (FreeBSD 2.0 SNAP 2-2). These
machines have to provide Internet access both for ourselfs and for customers
(dialup SLIP).
I have to make lots of web-pages using information out of a database. I do
this with a database under Microsoft Access on the LAN. I generate the pages
(appr. 2000) overnight and transfer them to the UNIX machines.
What I really want is to get the WWW get the data online (via CGI-scripts).
To get this to work I have to get a database-engine that runs under FreeBSD
or Windows. But I must be able to update and retrieve data from the FreeBSD
machines AND the Windows-machines. So I'm really looking for a
database-engine on one of the two platforms with SQL clients on both platforms.

Any suggestions???