Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 18:25:55 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Tom Messmer <messmer@endpage.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: staroffice port

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 06:20:43PM -0800, Tom Messmer wrote:
> Hello,
> I just thought you might want to know that the staroffice port seems to
> be broken,

Hmm, curious. Have you cvsup'd the latest ports tree? I ask because I
re-installed SO (5.1) last night using the port and the Sun CD.
Although I did see some errors (a couple of the instructions seemed a
little odd) it did install and run OK.

> and the maintainers email address is no longer valid.

I was intending to un-install it, then re-install, capturing all the
messages, and then e-mail the maintainer.

Is the e-mail address in the Makefile just a typo? - the "Whom:" line
says "dkwiebe" but the email is dkiwebe@hagenhomes.com, maybe this
should be dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com. Anyone know?

> --
> "And from the days of John the Baptist until now,
> the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent bear it away."
>
> Matthew 11:12

	"there's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture
	that allows you to install Windows too"
				   -Matthew D. Fuller