Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:02:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        neha.makhija@honeywell.com
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Application not working when Power OFF/ON is done while on reset its working

In message: <7985193.post@talk.nabble.com>
            neha_makhija <neha.makhija@honeywell.com> writes:
:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: >
: > In message: <7943626.post@talk.nabble.com>
: >             neha_makhija <neha.makhija@honeywell.com> writes:
: > : I am working on AT91RM9200 development board with ecos ported over it. I
: > : have burnt the flash with the redboot image. When i turn off the board
: > and
: > : then turn it ON then the code doesnt work and doesnt show anything on
: > the
: > : hyperterminal. But if i reset the board then the code is working fine.
: >
: > I'm guessing something is wrong with the power up sequence such that
: > the boot flash isn't quite right by the time the AT91RM9200 starts its
: > boot sequence.
: >>>>> The problem is not with the boot sequence because when the power is
: >>>>> turned ON then it displays all the details related to the hardware
: >>>>> initialization but later it stucks sumwhere and that hardware is not
: >>>>> configured fully.

This sounds similar to the PHY problem we had.  We had the wrong phy
support code in, so it looped forever waiting for a busy bit to clear
that meant something else in the other PHY.

If it dies later, your only option may be to do a binary search to see
if it dies before or after this point or that point and refine the
bounds of the search until you've located the problem.  This means
you'll need to build and burn many images to the flash you have.

I wish I could help you more but (a) you are using redboot (b) I've
never had to debug it and (c) the board specific code is so customized
for the specific hardware it is nearly impossible for me to do
anything but guess and wildly speculate.  Sorry.

Now, if you were using the boot loader I wrote...

Warner

: > But when i reset it then again it displays the whole details regarding the
: > hardware initialization and then this time it doesnt stuck anywhere.
: > Any idea y it is happening .
: >
: >
: > : Can u please suggest me the possible reason alongwith the solution of
: > this
: > : problem as soon as possible.
: >
: > There is only one solution: install FreeBSD :-).  It has nothing to do
: > with your problem, but will solve all your other problems.
: >
: > Neha
: >
: >
:
: --
: Sent from the freebsd-arm mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
: