Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 20:39:33 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD?

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, David Kelly wrote:

> Vincent Poy writes:
> > On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, David Kelly wrote:
> > > Doubt MacOS X will ever run x86 FreeBSD binaries. VirtualPC is said to
> > > be able to run FreeBSD now on any PowerMac under recent MacOS's.
> > > Haven't tried. Was told patches were needed and downloadable from the
> > > support site for my VirtualPC 3.0. Got the 4.0 update with the G4.
> >
> > 	Interesting...  I was planning to get a Cube just to run a FreeBSD
> > machine but I never thought about the VIrtualPC option.
>
> An Apple PowerMac Cube G4 will not run FreeBSD either. Darwin, MacOS 9
> and X, are the only options. Also conceivable to run FreeBSD under
> VirtualPC.
>
> There have been rumors of Apple building a VirtualPC-like feature into
> the OS, or fulling integrating VirtualPC similar to the -box stuff
> Apple uses to do classic PPC and 68k Mac stuff under MacOS X. Wait,
> they may be dropping the 68k support in X.

	Yeah, I wonder what kinda performance would one get running
FreeBSD under VirtualPC though.  Or maybe a bookpc might be a better idea.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin