Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2006 07:12:53 -0500
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jonathan@fosburgh.org>
To:        Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>, freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/i386 inside a jail on FreeBSD/amd64

--nextPart2078454.qXk1tfcjNe

On Thursday 20 July 2006 18:43, you wrote:

> I've been wondering about running wine on my amd64 box, myself,
> but haven't got around to trying, yet.
>
> Why does it need to run in a jail?  Wouldn't just running
> 32-bit winebin on a machine with the appropriate compatability
> libraries do the job?  It's been a while since I've run wine at
> all.  Does it have curly external dependancies, now?

The lack of user_ldt in the kernel on amd64 is a showstopper for wine.  Tha=
t=20
is why it is not even working in the jail.  I am now playing around with qe=
mu=20
to see if it will work (or maybe I will just install a copy of Windows in=20
it).
=2D-=20
Jonathan Fosburgh
AIX and Storage Administrator