Date:      Sat, 3 Jul 1999 00:14:02 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Jonathon Doran <doranj@Colorado.EDU>
To:        john_barrow@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Riva TNT video card with XFree86

> I cannot properly configure my video card for use with XFree86 - even after going to the site to see details around this card.

Is your card supported by XFree86?

I am not familiar with the RIVA, so I can't tell you.  If you know the chipset
which is used, look it up at the following site:

	http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.3.1/README3.html

> The best resolution I an get is something like 300 X 200.

Which suggests generic VGA support is being used.  You'll need to tell
XFree86 which server to use.  And we'll need to know more about this board
before we can answer that.

Jon Doran