Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:20:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mounting Solaris/x86 slices?

Are we able to mount Solaris/x86 disk slices?

I'm thinking about trying use FreeBSD as an installation crutch to mirror
a Solaris/86 installation to 60-odd PCs (I can have FreeBSD netbooted to
a diskless workstation configuration by the time solaris is 1/2 way
through reading its secondary bootstrap..).  I'm just planning to dd an
existing disk image onto the local disk.  It would be nice to be able to
mount the Solaris root partition & touch a few configuration files...

If anybody has done something similar and can offer advice, please
ping me.

Thanks,

Drew