Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 12:02:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange entries in /usr/src/Makefile

Rodney W. Grimes writes:
> > I already looked there, they don't have mails older than a few months.
> > That's why I asked for "old" mail archives. :)
>
> Did you look at the list.`date`.gz files??  I see dates on the compressed
> versions going back into 1994 for the commit logs, but your right, the
> hackers list only goes back 1 archive.  Did someone trash the mail???

I believe that a lot was lost some time ago in the auto-mounting
incident on freefall.  However, for the www interface to them
(http://www.freebsd.org/How/mail-archive.html) I had (and still
have) a duplicate copy tucked away elsewhere which was spared.
It goes back to May 1994.  You can either use the www interface
or go directly to /usr/local/www/database/text.

-john

=== jfieber@cs.smith.edu ========== Come up and be a kite!  --K. Bush ===