Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 2015 06:22:20 +0000
From:      Wei Hu <weh@microsoft.com>
To:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Network interrupt and NAPI in FreeBSD?

Hi,

I am working on network driver performance for Hyper-V. I noticed the netwo=
rk interrupt rate on FreeBSD is significantly higher than Linux, in the sam=
e Hyper-V environment. The iperf test also shows the FreeBSD performance is=
 not as good as Linux. Linux has NAPI built in which could avoid a lot of i=
nterrupts on a heavy loaded system. I am wondering if FreeBSD also support =
NAP in its network stack?

Also any thought on the network performance in general?

Thanks,
Wei