Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2006 07:05:09 +0530
From:      Girish Venkatachalam <girishvenkatachalam@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VPN Agregation

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 08:36:51PM +0000, just Maxim wrote:
> Hello,
> I have 7 ADSL connections, and one server outside with a big bandwidht.
> I want to bond all 7 ADSL connection into one big channel.
> I think it can be done using 7 VPN connections to the ourside server, and
> after that to bond all this seve VPN connection into one big.
> How can i do it with FreeBSD? Or other devices.

I don't think VPN is the right way to go for channel bonding.

You only need to use MLPPP or BGP or some such thing.

It is a very simple thing to do. I have myself implemented link aggregation on wireless links by modifying only the downstream.

The other side just assembled the packets properly automatically.

I used a simple round robin scheme. The throughput was not constant but fairly good. I am sure it could be improved.

If you want link sharing both ways, then you got to do this at both sides.

Don't go the VPN way, you don't need the overhead for this. Besides it is totally unrelated to your goal.

Should you have more questions feel free to ask.

Best of luck!

regards,
Girish