Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:27:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mi@aldan.algebra.com
To:        Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
Cc:        chad@DCFinc.com, jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG, nbm@mithrandr.moria.org, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, ade@FreeBSD.ORG, seb@bluetail.com, ruslan@shevchenko.kiev.ua, olgeni@uli.it, kris@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: erlang port -- a poster child (Re: I'll be rolling a 4.1.1 r

On 21 Sep, Andrew Boothman wrote:
= On 21-Sep-00 Chad R. Larson wrote:
= >> =* If you are  the MAINTAINER of a piece of code  (or more likely a
= >> =port) and don't have commit  privs, put "MAINTAINER update" in the
= >> =synopsis, for the same reasons as before.
= > I  too am  a  bit worried.  Are  we  saying that  one  of the  ports
= > committers doesn't expect to do that job unless certain keywords are
= > in the  PR? If so,  that should be  documented other than  in e-mail
= > here.
=
= Not really, see Kris Kennaway's reply.
=
= I  will write  this up  for  the Handbook  once we've  decided on  the
= wording though.

Please,  consider new  PR-class(es)  (port-update, port-maintainer)  for
this -- that's  much more formal, easier to search  for and more obvious
for a person filling it the PR out.  One person so far agreed and no one
objected...

	-mi