Date:      03 Dec 97 14:05:39 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to write shorter blocks with Adaptec 1542A?

I have a problem with my Adaptec 1542A writing bursts of 0xff at
block-boundaries (0x2001,0xc001 etc), but only on fbsd-partitions, not
on msdos-mounted partitions.

The reason should be that the msdos driver only writes in blocks <=4K,
whereas the ffs(?) driver writes larger blocks.

I have been told to reduce the blocksize by means of minphys(), but I
really don't know how. I have searched /usr/src/scsi/*, and have found
some mentioning of minphys, but not how to limit the size. If somebody
could explain it in simple terms, I would be most gratefull(sp?)

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---