Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 13:32:45 -0700
From:      Jason Hill <jch@xmission.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   toshiba tecra 8000 and lucent modem

I'm trying to get my Toshiba Tecra 8000 with Lucent modem (MARS)
configured, however, I'm failing miserably.

The error message I'm receiving is:

Mar 7 13:13:09 ppp[19269]: tun0: Warning: deflink: /dev/cual0: Bad
file descriptor

from user mode ppp.

According to the documentation on Watanabe-san's site, cual0 is
the correct device.  I've followed the install directions included
in his tarball for Lucent Win Modem driver v5.78 for FreeBSD and
ltmdm-0.6-freebsd42r.tar.gz.

Also, I seem to get this message whether the ltmdm.ko is loaded
or not, which makes me wonder if it's even getting far enough to
use the klm.

I'm using 4.4-RELEASE with the GENERIC kernel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have a permanent dent
in my skull from banging my head against the wall.