Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2006 07:43:02 +0200
From:      "Oliver Lehmann" <oliver@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   2 * DVI configuration

Hi,

I'm still searching for a working dualhead solution with 2*DVI ports.
Right now I'm using some AGP Radeon 9250 with 1*DVI and 1*SVGA. The TFT
attached to the SVGA port is very noisy so I'm searching for a dual-DVI
solution. I once tried to just buy a Radeon 9250 PCI to use the DVI from
both cards. But the PCI+AGP setup didn't worked, so I could only use an
AGP or the PCI card.

I probably want to stick with radeon since I use an amd64 and there is - as
far as i know - no dualhead supporting driver (the xorg one) with dualhead
support for nvidea. The second point is that I don't want to spend much
money on the cards since all I do is plain X11. I need exactly zero 3D
performance. The 3rd point is, that I don't want any fan on the card(s).
Last but not least - I would like to retain the ability of using my xawtv
with overlay on both monitors which I probably loose when I use 2 cards,
right?

So right now I'm thinking about buying 2 PCI radeon cards and kick the AGP
one out - will that work properly?