Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 1998 00:08:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      garman@earthling.net
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   still problems with inetd & malloc...

on my home machine (running -current as of yesterday) i'm still having
problems with inetd...

bash# telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer, too low to make sense.
inetd in free(): warning: junk pointer, too low to make sense.

this is with only:

bash# uptime
12:07AM  up  7:23, 8 users, load averages: 0.34, 0.29, 0.21

is there anything I can do to help diagnose this?  My machine is a
pentiumII/300 with 96MB of memory, 150MB of swap (~50-60% in use at any
time) running -current aout (haven't had the guts to upgrade to elf yet
:))

my machine is not heavily loaded, it is simply my home workstation.
inetd is used for the most part simply to invoke qmail for my
incoming mail- around 200 msgs/day average.

compiling inetd with debugging symbols and attaching gdb to it while
running doesn't seem to resolve the symbols right... is there something
i'm missing there?

thanks
--
Jason Garman                                      http://garman.dyn.ml.org/