Date:      Thu, 02 Mar 2000 17:59:38 -0500
From:      Larry Baird <lab@gta.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adaptec 29160?

Ken,

> The ahc(4) driver.  The adapters are listed in the man page, and the PCI
> IDs are in the driver.
Thanks for the quick feedback.  The system I checked against was
one cut from the first 4.0 release canidate CD ISO image.  The man
pages for the ahc(4) don't mention 29160 or aic7899.  Neither do the
ones for current on www.freebsd.org
(http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=ahc&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+4.0-current&format=html).
I'll cvsup this machine up to see if the correct
man pages show up.

I now realize I was looking at the wrong place for aic source code. I
was incorrectly expected the code to be in /sys/pci instead of
/sys/dev.  It looks like I have been focused on network related
devices for too long. (:   Time to expand my source code horizons. (:

Larry