Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:36:52 -0800
From:      Thomas Repantis <trep@cs.ucr.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPAM!!

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 01:28:36AM +0100, Andreas Kohn wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 00:56, Thomas Repantis wrote:
> > Can't this archiving take place in a more intelligent manner?  For exam=
ple=20
> > using "user host.org", instead of "user at host.org", "user[at]host.org=
"=20
> > or (Goddess forbid!) user@host.org.
>=20
> What would that change? It would just be another form of saying
> "user@host.org" without saying "user@host.org".=20

I cannot think of an easy way for a robot to detect "user host.org" or=20
"user host org", without harvesting many irrelevant things.  On the other=
=20
hand "user@host.org" is blatantly obvious, even  for a robot. =20

> Personally I think using some sort of spam filters should work quite
> well.=20

I use filtering myself, but this is fighting the problem at its very end.

Thomas
--=20
"One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,=20
see a fine picture, and -if possible- speak a few reasonable words."  =20
		-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a

--Pd0ReVV5GZGQvF3a--