Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 19:35:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Tyler Willingham <tylerwillingham@Mediaone.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alphaserver 2000 5/300

Tyler Willingham writes:
 > Greetings,
 >
 > I have recently received an alphaserver 2000 5/300, and was wondering if
 > this architecture was supported by FreeBSD. I tried to install version

I'm the poor SOB who decided to write the support code for this
platform.  A decision which I continue to regret.  The architecture of
the 2x00 family is ... interesting.  Most of them work now, but there
are a handful remaining which do not.

I'd be willing to take a crack at getting this box working if
you can provide me with serial console access to it & a machine to
netboot kernels from.

Cheers,

Drew