Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:47:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linuxulator MFC candidate for testing

Marcel Moolenaar writes:

 > The one thing that comes to mind is linux_clone. If the cloning
 > doesn't work right, there's no process to deliver a signal.
 >
 > Can you test with the changes to linux_clone reverted?

We have a winner.  If I revert all of the meaningful changes to
linux_clone, things still work.   Reverting just the
'Make this runnable after we are finished with it' changes:

        /*
         * Make this runnable after we are finished with it.
         */
        p2->p_stat = SRUN;
        setrunqueue(p2);

        p->p_retval[0] = p2->p_pid;
        p->p_retval[1] = 0;

lead to the jvm seg-faulting.  Going back to rfork/pfind from fork1
leads to a runnable jvm.

Hmm.. something appears to be hosed about whoami:

<9:32am>monet/gallatin:/tmp>whoami
gallatin
<9:32am>monet/gallatin:/tmp>/compat/linux/usr/bin/whoami
root

This worked fine pre-patch & ktrace's look identical.
I'm about out of time for now...

Drew